Deadline of Filing is on June 2 for August 2017 Civil Service Exam.
August 2017 Civil Service Exam (CSE) Application Schedule & Requirements
|Date of Exam||Start of Application||Deadline of Application|
|March 12, 2017||November 14, 2016||January 20, 2017 (*Extended from January 13, 2017 Original Deadline)|
|August 6, 2017||April 3, 2017||June 2, 2017 (Application is ongoing)|
As per CSC, the applications must be personally filed at CSC Regional Office (CSCRO) in which the applicant wish to take the examination.
The Civil Service Examination is open to all Filipino citizens who wants to be eligible to work in local government positions.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of filing for examination and with good moral character. The applicant has not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime including moral turpitude, immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness and addiction to drugs.
CSC will not accept applicants who are dishonorably discharge from military service or dismissed for a cause from any civilian government position.
In case of failure for so many times, applicant may still continuously take the same level of examination once and only every three (3) months.
Shall the application was approved, CSC has the right to withdraw upon discovery of grounds for disqualification. Fees paid are forfeited.
Below are the specific requirements the applicant must comply:
- APPLICATION FORM: Fully accomplished application form (CS Form No. 100, Revised 2015). Download the form here. The ‘Signature’ and the ‘Right Thumb mark’ as per CSC shall be left blank as this will be accomplished in the presence of CSC representative/ processor.
- ID PICTURES: Four (4) pieces of ID photos, Passport size, colored with white background, with handwritten name tag showing the signature over printed full name format. In the photo studio, just tell that the photo is to be used for Civil Service application, they already know the specifications.
- VALID ID with clear picture and Date of Birth and signature: Original and photocopy of any of the following: Driver’s license, PRC License ID, SSS ID, GSIS ID, Voter’s ID, BIR ID, Philhealth ID, Postal ID, Current company ID, Current School ID, Police Clearance, Barangay ID.
- NSO BIRTH CERTIFICATE: if the ID of the applicant doesn’t contain the birth date, he/she shall bring the authenticated birth certificate.
- EXAMINATION FEE: 500 pesos
- In case of dual citizenship under RA 9225, the original and photocopy of Certificate of Retention/ Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship issued by BIR is required.
EXEMPTIONS TO CIVIL SERVICE EXAM
Bar examination passers given by the Supreme Court of the Philippines are automatically granted with Civil Service Eligibility.
Board Exam passers given by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) are also automatically granted with CSC eligibility under Republic Act No. 1080.
Honor Graduates may opt not to apply also since they are already eligible and may be granted with Honor Graduate Eligibility under P.D. 907.
For Professional level, the exam covers the vocabulary, grammar and correct usage, paragraph organization, reading comprehension, analogy, logic and numerical reasoning, both in English and Filipino.
For Subprofessional level, the exam covers the same with Professional level except that the analogy and logic were replaced by spelling and clerical operations.
The general information items on the following: Philippine Constitution; Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees (R.A. 6713); Peace and Human Rights Issues and Concepts; and Environment Management and Protection are also included for both professional and sub-professsional exams.
NUMBER OF EXAM ITEMS/ TIME/ PASSING GRADE
For Professional level, 170 items in a 3 hours and 10 minutes time will be given while 165 items in a 2 hours and 40 minutes time for Sub-Professional level. The applicant is advised by the Commission to come at the examination center one hour before the test proper.
The examinee shall obtain 80.00% general rating to pass the examination.
RELEASE OF RESULTS
CSC said that official list of passers and related results for all regions in the March 2017 and August 2017 Civil Service Exam Exams (CSC-PPT) will be available at their website within 41 days after the examination.
CSC advised examinees to directly coordinate with CSC Regional Office for other concerns like verification of examinee number, and other examination result related matters.
Career Service Professional Eligibility is the second appropriate level for both first and second level government positions that do not involve practice of profession and are not covered by other laws.
Meanwhile, Sub-Professional Eligibility is only appropriate for the first level government positions that do not involve practice of profession and are not covered by the other laws.
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF CSE-PPT
The CSE-PPT examination aims to establish a Register of Eligibles (RoE) from which certification and appointment to first and second level positions in the civil service, except those involving practice of profession and/or are covered by special laws, shall be made, provided the eligibles meet the qualifications and other requirements of the positions.